Impacted litigants connecting and sharing case details has led to immeasurable awareness in Solano County. Without that, grassroots advocacy groups would never have been able to create change in Solano County’s Family Courts. By sharing notes, rulings, pleadings and comparing orders and transcripts, litigants were able to uncover several egregious actions from Solano County Family Law Judges including, but not limited do:
- Judges signing court orders after retirement, when no longer officially serving as a judge
- Judges signing orders on behalf of other judges, when they didn’t hear the matter
- Judges signing court orders on behalf of attorneys
- Judges “rubber stamping” custody orders in cases involving findings of domestic violence, granting the perpetrators of domestic violence custody of minor children in violation of Family Law code 3044
- Judges requesting/requiring victims of domestic violence to “drop” restraining orders before ruling on custody matters
- Judges routinely violating the UCCJEA and assuming jurisdiction over cases that should have been heard in other counties and/or states
And much more.
And while working together has helped heal many families and save many victims of violence and abuse from biased rulings that put their lives and well-being at risk, sometimes litigants facing battle in family court need more.
Hon. DeAnn Salcido (Ret.) is a graduate of UCLA Law School, a former prosecutor in California, and a retired California Superior Court Judge, founded Family Court Guide. After witnessing firsthand the court culture that placed politics ahead of public safety, she became a whistleblower judge which “allegedly” led to retaliation that ultimately resulted in her retirement from the bench. Empowered to help litigants, who are often victims of the very system they entrust to do what is in the best interest of the involved parties (especially the children), she now offers affordable legal education to self-represented litigants.
Read more here: https://www.familycourtguide.com/about-judge-d